Google is testing a new UI for hotel local search results.
Here is what hotel local packs normally look like on mobile:
The core difference between the tested new pack and the existing pack are:
- The new pack has 4 listings instead of 3;
- The map at the bottom of the pack;
- The query and location are shown at the top of the pack;
- There are 4 filter bubbles (Guest favorites, budget options, luxury stays, this weekend);
- There is no price slider.
With this UI test Google seems to be trying to make user experience more consistent across mobile and desktop. Google rolled out a similar local 4-pack design for hotels on desktop back in November, so it’s not surprising to see 4-packs being tested on mobile too.